At one point I believe I pulled the same row back 3 times before I finally realised where I was going wrong and was able to proceed and I found myself having to give a considerable amount of thought at each new cast off, especially on rows 1 and 9 where the pattern switches, to give the staggered diamond appearance of the fern lace. I was relieved to finish the shaping and completed the piece in a relatively short space from that point.
Now I have the sleeves to do and I’m hoping that these will be easier. The sleeve has the simpler zig-zag lace pattern on it but even so, the stitch increments (1 new stitch at each end of every 8th row or there abouts) will still need to be worked into the pattern but I’m hopeful that this won’t prove too taxing.
I would like to get at least the first of the sleeves finished during the course of this week but there are jobs to do in the house and the two gardens, not to mention a Mud and the two younger Mudlets who all seem to think they need to be fed at regular intervals when they are not at work/school (delete as applicable) …….