This gave me 125g of yarn and so the challenge was to find a pattern that wouldn’t use more than that but would produce a cardigan for Little Mudlet.
Of course there wasn’t actually a pattern readily to hand that I could use per se, however I did some thinking out of the box and came up with a plan which may work and so, using a childrens pattern that I already had to work out the stitches needed, lengths etc, I set to work. I am knitting Little Mudlet a bolero length top, using the fern lace pattern from my cardigan for the bottom edge and possibly the zig zag or something similar for the yoke.
Using the thumb method I cast on 87 stitches, knitted two rows of garter stitch and then started the fern pattern. I have now done a complete set of the fern lace and I am really, really pleased with how it looks, especially with the gentle scalloped edge and I intend to continue until the piece is 2.5 inches shorter than stated in the pattern I’m using as a measurement guide.
I’m winging it slightly (well okay a lot) and only time will tell if it works …. fingers crossed.