So with the first recipe from the ‘Mary Berry 100 Cakes and Bakes‘ under my belt (quite literally), I decided to try another and this time I settled on one of her scone recipes. My girls love fruit scones and I’m quite good at making them anyway but I thought it couldn’t help to try another variation.
This recipe was slightly different to my normal one as it included the addition of 1 beaten egg made up to 150ml with milk BEFORE being added to the dry ingredients. Then the method says to mix well until a soft but not sticky dough is achieved. I’m thinking this is a bit like kneading bread until the stickiness has gone.
The recipe made eight 2 inch scones and they were fabulous, rising beautifully with a soft, smooth outer texture and a fluffy inner. I will try and remember to take internal shots next time I make these. The also tasted pretty good too.
So there you have, second recipe completed, 98 to go!