I would like to point out at this juncture that it is my belief that had I used this scale 15 – 20 years ago, one egg would probably equaled 20 rows of knit.
But I digress, as usual, so back to my knitting.
This pattern itself is incredibly easy, although at one point I had to take a break when I realised that I needed to pull a significant section of row 9 back for the second time, due to forgetting to make the second loop between knit stitches. I figured that I was probably a little fatigued and that a rest was needed.
A really nice bonus for me is that with this pattern, the sleeves are knitted with the back and front panels, by casting on 7 stitches at the start of 4 consecutive rows, adding an additional 28 stitches in total, 14 to each side. This is particularly pleasing for me, as I hate putting sleeves in and so anything that negates the need to do this is fine by me.
I’ll do another progress report in a few days but sadly, this will be without the aid of the measuring tool, it appears to have met with a little accident ………