Making up the finished top was actually quite hard, as I tried to match the patterns front and back along the seam but it didn’t take me too long and I soon found myself tidying up the loose ends. I was surprised to see that the pattern leaflet didn’t call for blocking at all and didn’t show any finished measurements other than the usual ‘actual measurement’ section, in the size table.
However, due to the complexity of the pattern, I decided that the finished look would benefit from a night under damp tea towels and so I spent 30 minutes or so pinning the top on to a doubled over bath sheet, taking extra care to match the lace points on the front to the corresponding ones on the back section, to achieve a more defined edge. Once the tea towels were in place, the whole thing was left to dry out over night and I was really pleased with the overall finish.
My only thought, as I proudly tried my new top on, was that I may be should have made the next size down but I really like the colour, shape and pattern and (following on from the tradition set by Claire from Mollie and Claire), I even donned a coat of colour matched nail polish to celebrate.