The Land Rover Owners Wife


9 Comments

Sirdar Jumper Dress in Crofter Bria: finished

I love the colours in this dress

I love the colours in this dress

No sooner had I trimmed off the very last end of yarn and turned the dress back the right way, than Little Mudlet had it out of my hands. As it happened she was wearing the first, long sleeved version that I had made her but this was quickly cast aside and the new one put on and a delighted Little Mudlet happily modeled her new dress for me. Continue reading

Advertisements


1 Comment

Sirdar Jumper Dress in Crofter Bria: the back

The back section is completed

The back section is completed

I’ve cheated a little bit with this dress, to ensure the stripes are as even and matched as they could be due to the nature of the yarn used. When my order arrived I checked the starting ends of each of the five balls and realised that two started with a snip of pink, two had a longer section of grey and the fifth had a substantial length of red at the start end. So with this in mind I selected on of the pink ended balls and cast on the back piece of the dress. Continue reading


6 Comments

Yarn for multiple projects

Little Mudlet wants this dress again but with short sleeves

Little Mudlet wants this dress again but with short sleeves

Having finished Eldest Mudlets birthday top a few weeks ago, I haven’t actually been knitting anything since but I was starting to get itchy fingers and when an email offering 20% off all DK yarn arrived from Deramores, I was spurred into finding the yarn and pattern for Middle Mudlets’ next garment and ordering the yarn for Little Mudlet, who had already asked for another Sirdar jumper dress but the short sleeved version this time. I opened the page for the Sirdar Crofter DK yarn that the jumper dress was knitted in and she made her choice from the colour ways available. Continue reading


7 Comments

Jumper dress in Sirdar Crofter dk: finished

I am really pleased with how well and how quickly this little dress knitted up. The sleeves were very easy with straightforward increases and decreases and whilst the finished pair weren’t quite as well matched as the front and back sections, the overall look was, I think, very pleasing. Before commencing with the decreases for the shoulder shaping, I tried the sleeves against Little Mudlets’ arm for length and opted to work another inch. Continue reading


2 Comments

Jumper dress in Sirdar Crofter dk: the front

Front to back sections are incredibly well matched.

Front to back sections are incredibly well matched.

This project is knitting up really quickly which as it is entirely knitted in stocking stitch, isn’t that much of a surprise really but the fact that I haven’t, as yet, become bored to tears with the monotony of such a simple design and laid it aside for a few days, is. Surprising that is. Continue reading


4 Comments

Jumper Dress in Sirdar Crofter dk: the back

The back section looks really pretty.

The back section looks really pretty.

It took one and a half balls of yarn to complete the back section of the dress, with the second ball joining on approximately two thirds of the way up. I am knitting this pattern in the fourth size which is 8 to 9 years but it does go up to 12 to 13 years, the larger sizes obviously requiring more yarn, although not that much more (6 x 50 g balls for 12/13 years). I was pleasantly surprised with the effect on the stripes when the second ball was joined (highlighted with yellow rectangle in one of the photographs below), as it has almost given the appearance of a high waistband, with pink edging at the upper and lower edge of the ‘waistband’. The trick will be to replicate this on the front section. Continue reading


2 Comments

A Jumper Dress for Little Mudlet

I love the way this yarn is knitting up

I love the way this yarn is knitting up

My first knitting project for 2015 is a straightforward long sleeved Jumper Dress for Little Mudlet which is knitted in stocking stitch. Normally the thought of working solely in stocking stitch turns me a little cold, as I like the challenge of a pattern but the design I chose recommended a distinctive, multi-coloured yarn which would potentially mask any attempt at a more intricate pattern but in itself created a lovely striped finished. Continue reading