I had been putting it off for a while (again) but this weekend, with some unexpectedly dry (although generally dull and overcast for the most part) weather on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, I finally started the laborious task of cleaning the greenhouses. To be completely honest, it was the need to set up the growbags for the tomatoes and cucumbers that was the driving force behind my spring clean and so I set to and started to clear out the smallest of the greenhouses.
A veritable truss of tomato plants, you might say. Continue reading
It’s been a busy old weekend this weekend with numerous jobs needing to be caught up on, one of which was the re-organisation of the small greenhouse to allow me to set up the growbags and supports for the cucumbers and tomatoes and which can be seen here.
It was whilst planting the tomato plants out that I realised there was another job that needed doing and that was the nipping out of side shoots (also known by some as ‘armpits’). Continue reading