I love knitting baby clothes – they are beautiful, cute and so quick to knit and so I rummaged through my wools and patterns, got out my needles and on Tuesday night, whilst Mud was surfing the net, I made a start on a baby jacket. I can’t remember the make of the wool I used but I believe it was described as a ‘marble’ effect baby wool. The needles were size 3.25mm and 4mm and the pattern was Sirdar 1802.
The baby that this particular little jacket is for is due in June and so I decided to do the little short sleeve version. Once all the pieces were finished I laid them out to get a feel for how the finished garment would look like. Realising I had put the sleeves against the body the wrong way round, I changed them over but, oddly enough, that one action changed the entire look of the jacket and I didn’t like it anywhere near as much as I did with them in the wrong position: the wrongly positioned sleeves gave an almost ‘tiny wings’ feel to the sleeves whereas in the correct position the sleeves were just, well sleeves and so I changed them back and sowed them in in the ‘wrong’ position.